Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Alan's New Baby


Some of you may have heard Alan talking about how much he loves his new garden. He kind of drives me nuts about it, but truth is I love it too.

We were struggling to get our girls to eat veggies, so we decided to try our luck at a garden again this year after struggling a bit with
it last year. They love it and they're actually trying new things.

Alan spent weeks reading blogs, talking with is brother Johnny, and re-routing the water to the side yard to get everything just right. So far it seems to be working. We have already eaten a ton of Romaine lettuce, yellow squash, cucumber, cilantro, strawberries, and now jalapeno.

We can't wait for the Corn, Zucchini, Eggplant, Watermelon, and Beans. We'll let you know how it all turns out.

Here are a couple of photos to show you how it's going.

Here's a photo of the back.



Ani with a fresh Jalapeno


2 comments:

Nat's blog said...

that is the best garden. I loved seeing you all being so proud of it. I think that was the best way to get your kids excited about veggies. Good job Alan! And hello that pic of Ani is awesome! I miss your girls so much!!!! yeah for blogging! Love you! I can't wait to see the watermelon! maybe by july when i come next you will have a fresh one for me straight from the garden!

Sara Walker said...

wow ! That's awesome!